The Alberta Female Hockey League presents scholarships annually, to the student athletes who best exemplify the values of the AFHL; academics, athletics, and personal growth. These $1500 scholarships, will be awarded to four people annually; two players, a coach and an official. Student-Athletes applying for these scholarships do not necessarily need to be seeking to play hockey at that post-secondary institution.
- A graduating U18 AAA player continuing onto post-secondary
- A graduating U18 AA player continuing onto post-secondary
- A current female official either a graduating U18 player within the AFHL or a female official currently attending post-secondary and officiating female hockey within Alberta. If it is an official currently enrolled in post-secondary, applicants must be under the age of 25 and an Alberta resident (residing in Alberta for a period of three continuous years, outside of their time attending an academic institution).
- A current female coach either a graduating U18 player within the AFHL or a female coach currently attending post-secondary and coaching female hockey within Alberta. If it is a coach currently enrolled in post-secondary, applicants must be under the age of 25 and need to be an Alberta resident (residing in Alberta for a period of three continuous years, outside of their time attending an academic institution).
- Fall into the aforementioned age range (specified above)
- In good academic standing with current academic institution
- Positive influence / leader on current hockey team or highly motivated official
- Must be attending post-secondary for the 2022-2023 season (does not need playing on a team)
- Personal Information Questionnaire
- Personal Resume; it should include academic standing, athletic achievements, leadership activities, community service, other extra-curricular activities (sports, clubs, etc), academic awards and work experience (if any).
- Personal Essay
- Letter of recommendation from current head coach (for players). Coach recommendations can come from the head coach or association. Officials can utilize their Zone Referee in Chief
- Letter of recommendation from school administrator or current teacher
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- The Elite Female Hockey Committee will select the successful applicants; based on high academic achievement, strong contributor to their hockey team, contributions to their community and an upstanding individual
- The successful candidate will be notified on or before May 1 and announced publicly shortly thereafter
Questions regarding the scholarship or application should be submitted to Kendall Newell.